“Only close attention to the fine details of any operation makes the operation first class.” – J. Willard Marriott, founder of the Marriott Corporation
When travelling, guests want the best experience. Thus, everything lies in the details. Paying attention to these details helps your hotel thrive like a celebrity hotel.
By giving guests the best experience during their stay they praise your business and give positive recommendations.
‘’The great advantage of a hotel is that it is a refuge from home life.’’ – George Bernard Shaw
The hotel experience acts as a haven for guests. Some are there to relax while others check-in for business.
Cleanliness and appearance are crucial, in consequence, a paramount area of concern is linen.
Guests gauge the cleanliness of a room by its clean and quality linen, maintaining consistency is essential.
How can you give your guests the 5-star experience?
Don’t worry. We have the solution!
These well-kept secrets to providing quality linen will take your accommodation business to the next level.
1. Stop Mixing Your White and Coloured Linen
“Hotels and guests equate white with being clean.” – Chris Gowdy, VP of Liddell
Maintaining white linen is not an easy job. It requires expertise and skill.
Poor linen maintenance causes an off-white appearance. Displaying off-white linen makes rooms look unclean.
Taking proper care of white linen maintains the quality for years to come.
You can do this by:
- Outsourcing expert linen services. This is a common approach for celebrity hotels. The experts ensure the supply of high-quality plush towels, robes, and bedsheets. They also replace dirty linen.
- Sort the linen. Do so by separating the white from the coloured linen. By doing this, you avoid mixing them, resulting in dull colours and murky whites.
- Wash the white linen first. This prevents discolouration. Use the correct washing detergents. For example, Persil.
- Don’t overload the washing machine. This ensures proper cleaning of all linen. To do this, you must load your washing machine to 80% of its capacity.
- Hang linen in the sun to dry. This keeps towels and robes from feeling harsh on the skin.
After doing so, fold the linen and store it in a cool dry room. This combats moisture that interferes with the quality.
Linen maintenance is as easy as that!
2. Clean Stubborn Stains the Best Way
“Soap, water and elbow grease; those are the three ingredients for success in the hotel business.” – Conrad Hilton, founder of Hilton Hotels
These stains may give your guests the wrong impression. It makes your dining area look unclean.
This is a sensitive matter because guests take meals and interact in dining rooms. If they don’t feel safe to eat in this area, it reflects poorly on your business values.
So, deal with these stains early, when staff members spot them.
Clean linen makes your guests feel at home. Conversely, stained linen makes them uncomfortable. Guests may get the idea that the dining area is unclean and this doesn’t bode well for your business.
You can take care of these stains by Doing It Yourself (DIY) or by hiring professional help.
See which of the following options will work for you:
DIY entails removing stains off of linen by your in-house staff.
DIY essentials when dealing with different kinds of stains include:
- Salt battles grease on linen and carpets. Rub one part salt, and four parts of alcohol to remove it. It also deals with coffee and wine stains.
- Baking soda deals with various stains. These include perspiration, grease, and egg stains. Mix it with water and let it settle on the stain before washing it off.
- WD-40 proves useful for tomato juice stains. Spray the stain with the lubricant, allow it to sit and then wash it off. Do this with caution, as over-spraying causes a larger stain.
DIY can be effective, although, these stains may leave a faint impression on linen.
This is why celebrity hotels often opt for professional linen services as opposed to DIY. They supply high-quality linen as well as regular cleaning services.
This service is the better option because:
- Replacing stained linen is a smooth process. The burden shifts to the professionals to deal with stained linen.
- The image of your establishment is consistent. The effective replacement of soiled linen gives your hotel an excellent reputation.
- It reduces the stress of linen management. Hired professionals will take care of stained and sour-smelling linen for you.
- Luxurious, high-quality linen is at your disposal. This will match the calibre of clientele, giving them a comfortable experience.
Pamper your guests and make their stay unforgettable!
3. Invest in High-Quality Linen
‘’Remember: No matter how good your feedback is, you always start over with the next customer.’’ – Shep Hyken, Customer Service and Experience Speaker
Show every customer they matter to you. Each guest is a new opportunity to start over and display your business values.
These are the pros of investing in good quality linen:
- It meets the guests’ expectations of high-quality linen. Research shows that people will pay more to get a better bed in hotels. Guests often seek value for their money. So, they need to receive the top-notch service they pay for.
- It reinforces your brand values. Consistency is key in the hospitality business. Both your accommodation and restaurant linen remain amazing. It displays your business’ prowess.
- Paying attention to detail impresses guests. Image is everything and your guest’s good feedback is free marketing for your business. Happy guests give positive online reviews.
- Good quality linen lasts longer. This saves you spending money on buying new linen.
Knowing how to maintain this kind of linen is also important.
Regular commercial-grade washing is the best way to ensure your linen is in order at all times. This is hassle-free and done to your establishment’s satisfaction.
Using some in-house hacks can further help in sustaining the quality of your linen.
For example, you may place a tennis ball in the washing machine drum with your towels. This makes your towels softer and fluffier.
Linen feels harsh on the skin because of poor maintenance.
4. Deal with Stains at the Source
‘’Think ahead. Don’t let day-to-day operations drive out planning.’’ – Donald Rumsfield
As the saying goes, prevention is better than the cure.
Thus, deal with stains at the source. This consumes less time.
Common stains on accommodation linen include sweat, oil, and cosmetics. Guests are often the source of these stains.
This occurs from a lack of proper products to clean up.
You will begin to notice the reduction of stains on the linen.
What’s more, hygiene products protect your guests from bacterial infections.
Use 5-star platinum linen services for your 5-star establishment today.
Your staff can focus their skills on improving your business further.
As an added bonus this will cut the costs of purchasing and maintaining cleaning equipment.
Get a fast and free quote from the experts today!