Have you been thinking about your Green Office goals? Perhaps it is high time you and your colleagues joined hands and tried to achieve some green credentials. Here are some ideas on how to do this in your office.
What to achieve next year…
- Announce to clients and customers that you are taking steps toward going green
- Start an incentive program for departments who reduce their waste output and include recycling.
- Increase the number of staffers who bike to work by 25%.
- Reduce energy usage by 5%. Easy ways to reduce energy use include turning appliances off at the powerpoint and using cloth towels for hand drying.
- Start an office composting program.
What to achieve in the next five years…
- Go for a cool roof, skylights, garden roof and season it with solar panels.
- Reduce energy usage by 20%.
- Commodes and sinks have more efficient models waiting to be found.
- Replace your heating and cooling system with one with more programming options.
- Go tankless! Depending on your office size, switch to a tankless water heater.
What to achieve in the next ten years…
- Use natural lighting to keep your electrical lights off for as much as possible.
- Embrace the future and technology and meet with clients and associates via videoconferencing. This will reduce transportation emissions and costs. Allow staff to work from home and save on expenses and pollution.
- Use collected rainwater and other natural irrigation options to help with your landscaping options. Top it off with organic fertiliser and protect it with natural pest control.
- Go even greener! Upgrade your building to LEED standards.
- Contract an environmental scientist or consultant. They can help you lower your environmental impact and create a plan to reduce it in the future.
Green For The Team
Alsco is a home of solutions that can help you in your road to a greener workplace. Products such as Evolution Mats, Continuous Towels and Ecosafe Washers. The revolutionary Evolution Mats are made from recycled eco-friendly materials. The Cloth Towel impacts the environment on a much smaller scale Cotton towels represent a much better solution than paper. Finally, Ecosafe Washers are purely water based and they transform oil and grease into water and carbon dioxide.
If you are interested in learning more, why not ask Alsco directly. You could start the green office of your dreams in a matter of days.